The Body Shop SEAWEED Oil – Balancing Toner.
TEST SKIN: MINE (Sensitive Combination Skin Type)
USE/TEST PERIOD: One(1) Month
- Aqua (Water)
- PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier)
- Trideceth-9 (Emulsifier),
- Phenoxyethanol (Preservative)
- Algae (Seaweed Extract) (Natural Additive)
- Glycerin (Humectant)
- Methylparaben (Preservative)
- Parfum (Fragrance)
- Propylene Glycol (Humectant)
- Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent)
- Fucus vesiculosus (Bladderwrack Extract) (Skin Conditioning Agent)
- Butylparaben (Preservative)
- Ethylparaben (Preservative)
- Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent)
- Cucumis sativus (Cucumber Extract) (Natural Additive)
- Isobutylparaben (Preservative)
- Propylparaben (Preservative)
- Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative)
- Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient)
- Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient)
- Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient)
- Potassium Sorbate (Preservative)
- Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient)
- Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient)
- Tocopherol (Antioxidant).
This product content contains roughly five(5) PARABENs in it as highlighted above, although there are speculations to every product brand.
From the ingredients stated and shown above, this is not a natural product, neither are any of the ingredients organically sourced, except for the Seaweed Extract and the Cucumber Extract.
The interesting thing or will I say the annoying part is that the ingredients were not stated on the product bottle, like mine, but all its ingredients can be found on their site.
I did not react terribly to this content, but it caused a few breakouts here and there and from the ingredients, I can tell.
Due to my personal research, study and use of this product, I will not recommend this product content to anyone due to the following reasons;
- Too much of parabens and some unsafe ingredients.
- I still broke out even though it was exactly meant for my skin type.
- Ingredients were not listed on the product bottle. This got me really sad, as I know body shop to be a trusted brand.
Although you can decide to still try this out as you may react very well to this product.
If you are an all safe and organically conscious individual, then you may want to bounce off.
How to Use: Apply to the face after cleansing your skin using a cotton pad.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that not all their product may contain the same kind of ingredients, however, this product was tested by me and therefore I only give reviews based on product contents I or a trusted skin type have used and as a result, conclusions were drawn based on that result.